生物分子模拟论坛

找回密码
 我想注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 18378|回复: 14

[药物设计] 抗癌药物设计与发现(2007年)作者Neidle, Stephen (EDT)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-11-1 10:55:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,下载更多分子模拟资源。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?我想注册

x
Introduction
The public, and the biomedical community, have an insatiable appetite for new anticancer drugs. Word-wide, over 800 new anticancer agents are currently in Phase I clinical
trials. The public’s needs are often driven by personal experience, and their expectations are frequently heightened by media coverage (and hype) of what new drugs may promise.
We, as scientists and clinicians, the cancer research community, are not only quite rightly informed by patient need. We are also increasingly optimistic about the dramatic increases
in our understanding of the underlying biology, biochemistry and genetics of human cancers over the past 20 years. We hope that all this can be translated into altogether more
effective and less toxic treatments than could inherently be achieved in the past with classic non-selective anticancer agents.

This book has its origins in my experiences at the Institute of Cancer Research UK, when I was privileged to come into contact with a number of visionary clinicians and scientists,
especially Tim McElwain, Tom Connors and Ken Harrap, who were instrumental in the development of cancer therapeutics as a discipline. In this spirit I hope that this book plays
a role in fostering its unique interplay of fundamental and translational aspects of cancer drug discovery. Its central aim is to provide detailed accounts of the twenty-fi rst century
cancer drug discovery process, from target identifi cation and validation, through lead discovery and optimization to pharmacological evaluation and eventual clinical trial, so that
the reader emerges with a broad overall view and, most importantly, understanding of the key issues and complexities involved. The book is divided into fi ve parts: Basic Principles,
Methodology, Drugs in the Clinic, New Agent, and The Reality of Cancer Drugs in the Clinic. The fundamentals of cancer biology are not described since the reader is well served
by a number of excellent books, with that by RA Weinberg (The Biology of Cancer, Garland Press, 2006), being especially recommended. Case histories of particular drugs feature in a
number of chapters throughout of book, and some also conclude with questions that can be used in a classroom setting.

Chapters in the fi rst section introduce the process of drug discovery, and cover such topics as druggable targets, the scope and limitations of animal models, and the issues surrounding
clinical trial design and regulatory approval. Hand-in-hand with the advances in our knowledge of the molecular basis of cancer have been advances in key enabling areas of science and technology, notably chemistry, structure-based design and pharmacokinetics. These are described in the second section. Chemistry concepts in particular, also pervade many of the subsequent chapters. Parts III and IV describe a number of the established and emerging new cancer targets respectively, and the drugs that have been developed against them. Drug discovery in general, and cancer therapeutics in particular, is fraught with diffi culties. We can be confi dent of predicting that less than one percent of those 800 agents in Phase I will eventually make it to registration and clinical utility. So how can we improve on this very high failure rate? The chapters in the fi nal part focus on the challenges of issues such as drug resistance, and importantly analyze the basis of some existing drug failures.

I am very grateful to all the contributors, not only for their hard work, but also for their cooperation in meeting challenging deadlines. Production of any book is a complex operation,
involving many people. This book is no exception. The staff of Elsevier have been enormously skillful and professional, especially Kirsten Funk, who has been instrumental in guiding this project through its many ups and downs. My assistant in London, Irene Dougherty, has played a key role in maintaining regular contact with the contributors. Last, but not least, many thanks to my wife Andrea for her support and patience.

Stephen Neidle
London, August 2007

经典英文原着-抗癌药物的设计和发现Cancer Drug Design and Discovery.pdf

8.29 MB, 下载次数: 359

售价: 2 金币  [记录]

评分

参与人数 1金币 +10 收起 理由
中科院-石头 + 10 好书!

查看全部评分

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

发表于 2012-11-1 11:04:36 | 显示全部楼层
好书,学习了。
发表于 2012-11-1 12:31:31 | 显示全部楼层
呃,要花钱,好吧,这钱该花哈哈!
发表于 2012-11-1 13:00:01 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
发表于 2012-11-1 13:29:37 | 显示全部楼层
书啊
发表于 2012-11-1 13:41:41 | 显示全部楼层
书中列举了大量例子,值得一读
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-1 14:13:31 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵 其实这个金币 仅仅是意思意思!主要目的是防止被别人盗用链接,影响论坛访问速度。
发表于 2012-11-2 10:42:52 | 显示全部楼层
好书,一定要看看~
发表于 2012-12-20 10:37:00 | 显示全部楼层
我也下载学习学习
发表于 2012-12-27 09:25:45 | 显示全部楼层
物有所值啊,值得,顶起!谢谢推荐噢
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我想注册

本版积分规则

QQ|分迪科技|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|生物分子模拟论坛 ( 蜀ICP备14009200号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 10:12 , Processed in 0.072393 second(s), 29 queries .